Monday, January 17, 2011

Just Getting Started

Well, I am at work today reading about some people who started a blog to help with thier weight loss goals.  I have decided to do the same but also to use this as an outlet for some of the frustrations that come with the process.  I hope to gain a following and to let people into the life of someone battling with weight loss and hopefully overcoming it.

This is where I am.  I weighed in this morning at 372 pounds.  This must seem like a lot to someone who doesn't know me but this is actually a very good number.  In August I was at my heaviest when I weighed in at 420 pounds.  So, I am getting very close to the 50 pound mark.  Another big milestone that I have acheived recently is this.  I went shopping for some new jeans last week because the ones that I was wearing were getting pretty torn up.  Not to mention they were falling off of my ass on a daily basis, even with a belt.  I was able to put on and buy a pair of 46 jeans.  That is HUGE for me.  I was a 50 waist in August and probably could have gone up one more size.

I have a wife and a daughter who support me everyday and they are helping me on my journey the best that they can, but one thing that I have learned is that I have to do this on my own.  For as long as I have been trying to loose weight I have always said that all that I need is the motivation to keep at it.  Well, they have given me that and I am not going back.

My next post will be about the adventure that I went through to find a new pair of running shoes and how that has acually made me even more determined to keep at this.

DOITFORTHEM

No comments:

Post a Comment